- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Fiat 124 Picture Vehicle Rentals - Fiat 124 Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Fiat 124 Cinema Vehicles
The Fiat 124 is a classic car model produced by the Italian automaker Fiat. It was introduced in 1966 and remained in production until 1985. The Fiat 124 is well-known for its attractive design, enjoyable driving dynamics, and various body styles that catered to different consumer preferences.
Here are some key features and details about the Fiat 124:
- Design and Bodywork: The Fiat 124 was designed by renowned Italian designer Tom Tjaarda at Pininfarina, resulting in a sleek and timeless design. It featured clean lines, a distinctive front grille, and a well-proportioned body. The car was available in various body styles, including two-door and four-door sedans, two-door coupes, and a two-door convertible (Spider).
- Engine and Performance: The Fiat 124 was equipped with a range of inline-four engines, with displacements ranging from 1.2 to 2.0 liters. These engines produced varying levels of power, typically ranging from around 60 to 120 horsepower, depending on the specific model and specifications.
- Transmission: The Fiat 124 came with a 4-speed manual gearbox, although later models were available with 5-speed manual transmissions as well.
- Handling and Driving Experience: The Fiat 124 was praised for its enjoyable and balanced driving dynamics. Its independent front suspension and rear live axle setup provided a comfortable ride and good handling characteristics.
- Global Production: The Fiat 124 was not only popular in Italy but also gained popularity worldwide. In addition to being produced by Fiat in Italy, it was also assembled under license in various other countries, contributing to its widespread presence.
- Variants and Successors: The Fiat 124 spawned several variations and successors, including the Fiat 124 Sport Coupe, the Fiat 124 Sport Spider, and the Fiat 131. The Fiat 124 Sport Spider, in particular, became an iconic and beloved sports car of its era.
The Fiat 124 holds a significant place in Fiat's history as a successful and versatile model that appealed to a wide range of consumers. Its stylish design, practicality, and enjoyable driving experience made it a popular choice among families and enthusiasts alike.
Today, the Fiat 124 and its various derivatives remain cherished classic cars among vintage car enthusiasts and collectors. Well-preserved examples evoke a sense of nostalgia for the era of classic motoring and continue to be appreciated for their timeless design and driving pleasure.