- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Ferrari 125 Picture Vehicle Rentals - Ferrari 125 Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Ferrari 125 Cinema Vehicles
The Ferrari 125 was the first car ever built by the iconic Italian automaker, Ferrari. It marked the beginning of the legendary Ferrari brand and set the foundation for the company's successful racing history. The Ferrari 125 was produced in 1947 and was designed as a racing car, embodying the vision and passion of its founder, Enzo Ferrari.
Key features and details of the Ferrari 125:
- Racing Pedigree: The Ferrari 125 was primarily built for racing purposes. It made its debut on May 11, 1947, at the Piacenza Circuit in Italy, and it competed in several races in the early post-war years, including the Rome Grand Prix and the Italian Grand Prix. The car quickly gained attention for its performance and competitiveness on the track.
- Chassis and Design: The Ferrari 125 featured a steel tube-frame chassis, which was standard for racing cars of that era. The design was relatively simple, emphasizing lightness and agility. The bodywork was crafted by Carrozzeria Touring, one of the prominent coachbuilders of the time, and it showcased a smooth and aerodynamic shape.
- Engine and Powertrain: The Ferrari 125 was powered by a front-mounted 1.5-liter V12 engine. This engine was designed by Gioachino Colombo, and it produced around 118 horsepower. While it may not seem powerful by today's standards, the combination of the lightweight chassis and the V12 engine made the car remarkably quick and agile for its time.
- Success and Impact: The Ferrari 125's racing success laid the groundwork for Ferrari's reputation as a dominant force in motorsport. In 1947, the Ferrari 125 scored its first victory at the Rome Grand Prix with driver Franco Cortese behind the wheel. This win showcased the potential of Ferrari's engineering and laid the foundation for the marque's future racing achievements.
- Limited Production: Only two examples of the Ferrari 125 were built, making it an exceptionally rare and sought-after model among collectors and automotive enthusiasts.
The Ferrari 125 holds a special place in automotive history as the very first car to bear the iconic Ferrari name. It laid the groundwork for the legendary brand and set the stage for Ferrari's continued dominance in motorsport and the production of high-performance sports cars. Today, the Ferrari 125 is considered an essential piece of Ferrari's heritage and a symbol of the brand's relentless pursuit of speed, precision, and excellence on and off the racetrack.