- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Subaru Brat Picture Vehicle Rentals - Subaru Brat Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Subaru Brat Cinema Vehicles
The Subaru Brat, short for "Bi-drive Recreational All-terrain Transporter," is a compact pickup truck produced by Subaru from 1978 to 1994. It was designed to be a fun and versatile vehicle that could handle off-road adventures while providing seating for up to four passengers. The Brat gained popularity for its unique design and practicality, making it a popular choice among outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking a compact, go-anywhere vehicle.
Key features and characteristics of the Subaru Brat include:
- Jump Seats: One of the distinctive features of the Brat is the inclusion of rear-facing jump seats in the cargo bed. These jump seats allowed the Brat to be classified as a passenger car rather than a truck in the United States, circumventing the "chicken tax" imposed on imported trucks.
- Four-Wheel Drive: The Brat was equipped with four-wheel drive, making it capable of tackling rough terrains and off-road adventures.
- Turbocharged Engine: Some later models of the Brat were offered with a turbocharged engine, providing increased power and performance.
- Targa Top Roof: The Brat had a removable Targa top roof, giving passengers an open-air driving experience and adding to its fun and recreational appeal.
- Compact Size: The Brat's compact size made it easy to maneuver in urban environments and narrow trails, making it a practical vehicle for both city driving and outdoor activities.
- Legacy and Following: The Subaru Brat developed a loyal following among car enthusiasts and collectors due to its unique design and cultural significance. It is considered a classic example of a compact, sporty pickup truck from the 1980s.
Although the Subaru Brat was discontinued in 1994, it remains a beloved and sought-after classic vehicle. Its distinctive appearance, practicality, and off-road capabilities have made it a favorite among vintage car enthusiasts and collectors. The Brat's legacy as an iconic compact pickup truck continues to be celebrated, and it holds a special place in automotive history as one of Subaru's most memorable and beloved models.