- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Ferrari Dino 246 GT Picture Vehicle Rentals - Ferrari Dino 246 GT Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Ferrari Dino 246 GT Cinema Vehicles
The Ferrari Dino 206 GT is a classic sports car produced by Ferrari from 1968 to 1969. It holds a special place in Ferrari's history as it was the first road car to bear the "Dino" badge, which was used to honor Enzo Ferrari's late son, Alfredo "Dino" Ferrari, who played a significant role in the development of Ferrari's V6 engine.
Here are some key features and details about the Ferrari Dino 206 GT:
- Design and Bodywork: The Dino 206 GT featured a stylish and compact design, with smooth lines and a low-slung profile. It was designed by Pininfarina, a renowned Italian design house, and the bodywork was made of lightweight aluminum to keep the car's weight to a minimum.
- Engine and Performance: The Dino 206 GT was powered by a mid-mounted 2.0-liter V6 engine, producing around 180 horsepower and 136 lb-ft of torque. The V6 engine was a departure from Ferrari's traditional V12 powerplants, but it proved to be a highly successful and innovative design.
- Transmission: The Dino 206 GT was equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission, delivering power to the rear wheels. Its mid-engine layout and balanced weight distribution contributed to its excellent handling characteristics.
- Chassis and Suspension: The Dino 206 GT utilized a tubular steel chassis, providing a solid foundation for the car's performance. The suspension system featured independent wishbones at all four corners, allowing for precise handling and agility.
- Limited Production: The Ferrari Dino 206 GT was produced in limited numbers, making it a rare and highly sought-after collector's car today.
The Ferrari Dino 206 GT was not branded as a Ferrari, as it was part of the Dino sub-brand, which was created to offer more affordable and accessible sports cars. However, it embodied Ferrari's engineering excellence and passion for performance.
Owning a Ferrari Dino 206 GT is a prized experience for collectors and Ferrari enthusiasts who appreciate the historical significance of the Dino lineage and the rarity of this early model. The Dino 206 GT continues to be admired and celebrated for its beautiful design, nimble handling, and its place as a significant model in Ferrari's history.