- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Scion FR-S Picture Vehicle Rentals - Scion FR-S Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Scion FR-S Cinema Vehicles
The Scion FR-S is a compact sports car that was introduced by Scion, a former division of Toyota, in 2012. The FR-S, which stands for "Front-engine, Rear-wheel drive, Sport," was designed to deliver an exhilarating driving experience and cater to automotive enthusiasts who appreciate performance-oriented vehicles.
Key features of the Scion FR-S:
- Design: The FR-S boasts a sleek and aerodynamic design, characterized by its low-slung profile, sculpted lines, and aggressive front grille. Its sporty appearance reflects its performance-oriented nature.
- Engine: Under the hood, the Scion FR-S is powered by a 2.0-liter horizontally opposed "boxer" four-cylinder engine. This engine design provides a low center of gravity, contributing to improved handling and balance.
- Performance: The FR-S is known for its superb handling and balanced chassis, offering a fun-to-drive experience. The rear-wheel-drive configuration allows for precise cornering and controlled drifts, making it a popular choice among driving enthusiasts.
- Transmission: The car comes with either a six-speed manual transmission or an optional six-speed automatic with paddle shifters. The manual gearbox, in particular, enhances the driving experience, providing engaging shifts and control.
- Interior: Inside the FR-S, you'll find a driver-focused cockpit with supportive sports seats, a well-designed dashboard, and modern technology features. While the emphasis is on performance, comfort and convenience are not compromised.
- Collaboration: The Scion FR-S was the result of a collaboration between Toyota and Subaru. The car shares its platform with the Subaru BRZ, and both models were developed jointly to maximize performance and driving dynamics.
- Aftermarket Support: The Scion FR-S gained popularity among car enthusiasts due to its mod-friendly nature. A vibrant aftermarket community developed around the FR-S, offering various performance upgrades, customizations, and tuning options.
- Rebadging: In 2017, Scion was discontinued as a separate brand, and the FR-S was rebranded as the Toyota 86 in North America. The Toyota 86 retained the same essence and spirit of the original FR-S, continuing to be a beloved sports car among driving enthusiasts.
The Scion FR-S (later Toyota 86) has left a lasting impression in the automotive world, offering an affordable and exciting sports car option for enthusiasts who value driving pleasure and precision handling. Its popularity continues to endure, and the FR-S/Toyota 86 remains a sought-after choice for those seeking a thrilling driving experience on the road or track.