- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Subaru GL Picture Vehicle Rentals - Subaru GL Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Subaru GL Cinema Vehicles
The Subaru GL is a model that was part of Subaru's lineup in the past. It was a compact car produced by the Japanese automaker Subaru and was available during the 1970s and 1980s. The GL was also known as the Subaru L-Series in some markets.
Here are some key points about the Subaru GL:
- Production Years: The Subaru GL was produced during the 1970s and 1980s. It was available in various body styles, including sedan, coupe, and station wagon.
- Engine: The GL was equipped with Subaru's signature horizontally opposed "boxer" engine, which contributes to the car's low center of gravity and balanced handling.
- All-Wheel Drive: Many versions of the GL came with optional all-wheel drive, which was one of Subaru's key selling points and contributed to the car's popularity in certain markets, particularly regions with snowy or rugged terrains.
- Legacy Successor: The Subaru Legacy, which was introduced in the late 1980s, eventually replaced the GL in Subaru's lineup. The Legacy became the company's flagship model, carrying on the tradition of all-wheel drive and offering more advanced features and modern styling.
- Popularity in Certain Markets: The Subaru GL and its all-wheel-drive capability gained popularity in regions with challenging weather conditions, such as snow-prone areas and mountainous regions.
As the GL is no longer in production, it has become a part of Subaru's automotive history. However, its legacy lives on in the form of the Subaru Legacy, which continues to be a prominent model in Subaru's lineup. The GL's reputation for reliability and all-wheel drive technology has left a lasting impression on Subaru's brand identity and contributed to the company's success in various markets worldwide.