- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Subaru GLF Picture Vehicle Rentals - Subaru GLF Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Subaru GLF Cinema Vehicles
The Subaru GLF, also known as the Subaru GL/DL in some markets, was a series of compact cars produced by the Japanese automaker Subaru during the late 1970s and early 1980s. The GLF was part of the Subaru L-Series lineup and shared many characteristics with other models in the series, such as the Subaru GL and DL.
Here are some key points about the Subaru GLF:
- Name Variations: In different markets, the model was known as the Subaru GLF, Subaru GL, or Subaru DL. The names were used interchangeably in various regions.
- Body Styles: The Subaru GLF was available in multiple body styles, including sedan, coupe, and station wagon. This versatility allowed customers to choose the configuration that best suited their needs.
- Engine: The GLF was equipped with Subaru's signature horizontally opposed "boxer" engines. These engines provided a balanced and smooth power delivery and contributed to the car's stable handling characteristics.
- All-Wheel Drive: Some versions of the GLF were offered with optional all-wheel drive, which was a distinctive feature of Subaru vehicles. All-wheel drive provided enhanced traction and stability, making the GLF suitable for driving in challenging weather conditions.
- Trim Levels: The GLF was offered in various trim levels, including the base GL/DL models and higher-end versions with added features and amenities.
- Legacy Successor: The Subaru Legacy eventually replaced the GLF in Subaru's lineup. The Legacy continued Subaru's tradition of offering all-wheel-drive vehicles and became a successful model for the company.
- Popularity and Reliability: The GLF, along with other models in the Subaru L-Series, gained popularity for their reliability, practicality, and all-wheel-drive capability.
The Subaru GLF played a significant role in Subaru's history, helping to establish the brand's reputation for building durable and dependable vehicles. As Subaru continued to innovate and expand its lineup, the GLF's legacy lived on through subsequent models that upheld the company's commitment to offering all-wheel-drive technology and reliable performance.