- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Mercury Marquis Picture Vehicle Rentals - Mercury Marquis Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Mercury Marquis Cinema Vehicles
The Mercury Marquis is a model that was produced by the Mercury division of Ford Motor Company from 1967 to 1986 and then again from 1983 to 2011. Over the years, the Marquis was positioned as a full-size sedan, offering a comfortable and luxurious driving experience.
Here are some key points about the Mercury Marquis during its various generations:
First Generation (1967-1968):
- The Mercury Marquis was introduced in 1967 as a top-of-the-line model in the Mercury lineup.
- It was initially available as a two-door hardtop coupe and a four-door sedan.
- The Marquis featured a stylish design with chrome accents and a distinctive grille.
- Engine options included powerful V8 engines for smooth performance.
Second Generation (1969-1978):
- In 1969, the Marquis became a standalone model and was no longer part of the Mercury Monterey lineup.
- The second-generation Marquis underwent several design updates throughout its production years.
- It was available in different body styles, including two-door and four-door models, as well as station wagons.
- The Marquis continued to offer luxurious features and a spacious interior.
Third Generation (1979-1982):
- The third-generation Marquis underwent a redesign for the 1979 model year.
- It shared its platform with the Ford LTD and offered more modern styling.
- The Marquis was available in different trim levels, offering various levels of luxury and features.
- Engine options included V8 engines for adequate power.
Fourth Generation (1983-1990):
- The Marquis was briefly discontinued after the 1982 model year but was reintroduced in 1983.
- It was downsized to a mid-size platform and became part of the Mercury Grand Marquis lineup.
- The fourth-generation Marquis featured a more fuel-efficient design while maintaining a focus on comfort and amenities.
- It was available as a four-door sedan.
Fifth Generation (1992-1997):
- In 1992, the Marquis received a redesign, moving back to a full-size platform.
- The fifth-generation Marquis offered a more modern and aerodynamic appearance.
- It continued to emphasize comfort and luxury, with features like leather upholstery and premium sound systems.
Sixth Generation (1998-2011):
- The sixth-generation Marquis received further updates and modernizations throughout its production years.
- It featured a more refined design, upgraded interiors, and advanced safety features.
- The Marquis was one of the last remaining Mercury models before the discontinuation of the Mercury brand in 2011.
Overall, the Mercury Marquis was known for its comfortable ride, spacious interior, and upscale features. It appealed to buyers seeking a luxurious and reliable full-size sedan. As with any used car, potential buyers should research specific model years, trim levels, and any maintenance history before making a purchase.