- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Sunbeam MK III Picture Vehicle Rentals - Sunbeam MK III Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Sunbeam MK III Cinema Vehicles
The Sunbeam MK III, also known as the Sunbeam Alpine MK III, is a classic British sports car produced by the Rootes Group from 1963 to 1964. It is part of the Sunbeam Alpine series, which was a range of two-seater convertible sports cars known for their stylish design and enjoyable driving experience.
Key features of the Sunbeam MK III:
- Design and Body: The Sunbeam MK III featured a sleek and elegant body design, with smooth lines and a distinctive grille. It had a two-door convertible body style, which added to its charm and appeal as a classic roadster.
- Engine and Performance: The MK III was powered by a 1,592cc inline-four engine, producing around 82 horsepower. While not a high-performance sports car, the Sunbeam MK III offered a spirited and enjoyable driving experience, especially on winding roads.
- Transmission Options: The car came with either a four-speed manual transmission or an optional three-speed automatic transmission, giving drivers the choice between more engaged driving or effortless cruising.
- Interior and Features: Inside, the Sunbeam MK III featured a simple and functional dashboard layout, bucket seats, and a folding soft top for open-air motoring. It was designed to be comfortable for two occupants and offered a good level of amenities for its era.
- Popularity and Success: The Sunbeam Alpine series, including the MK III, gained popularity during its production run and attracted a loyal following among sports car enthusiasts. The MK III model was one of the final iterations of the Alpine series before it evolved into the Sunbeam Tiger.
- Sunbeam Tiger Connection: The success of the Sunbeam Alpine series led to the development of the Sunbeam Tiger, a high-performance version of the Alpine that was fitted with a V8 engine. The Tiger became a more powerful and iconic sports car in its own right.
- Collectibility: The Sunbeam MK III is considered a collectible classic car today, sought after by vintage car collectors and enthusiasts. Its rarity and charming design make it an attractive addition to any classic car collection.
Overall, the Sunbeam MK III remains a cherished classic British sports car, known for its timeless design, enjoyable driving dynamics, and place in automotive history as part of the iconic Sunbeam Alpine series.