- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Mercury Montclair Picture Vehicle Rentals - Mercury Montclair Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Mercury Montclair Cinema Vehicles
The Mercury Montclair was a full-size car produced by the Mercury division of Ford Motor Company from 1955 to 1960 and then again from 1964 to 1968. It was positioned as a top-of-the-line model in the Mercury lineup, offering a combination of luxury, style, and performance.
Here are some key points about the Mercury Montclair:
First Generation (1955-1956):
- The Mercury Montclair was introduced in 1955 as a new model, replacing the Mercury Custom as the highest trim level in the Mercury lineup.
- It featured a stylish and modern design, with distinct bodylines, chrome accents, and the signature "Breezeway" reverse-slant rear window.
- The Montclair was available in various body styles, including two-door and four-door hardtops and a convertible.
- It was powered by a V8 engine, providing ample power and performance for its time.
Second Generation (1957-1958):
- The second-generation Montclair underwent a design refresh with a bolder and more muscular appearance.
- It continued to offer a range of body styles, including two-door and four-door hardtops, a convertible, and even a station wagon variant called the Montclair Voyager.
- The engine options were upgraded, providing even more power and performance.
Third Generation (1959-1960):
- The third-generation Montclair featured a complete redesign, adopting a sleeker and more modern look.
- It was available in various body styles, including two-door and four-door hardtops and a convertible.
- The Montclair now came with "Breezeway" roof styling as standard across the lineup.
- The engine choices were further improved, with more powerful V8 options.
Fourth Generation (1964-1968):
- After a brief hiatus, the Montclair returned for the 1964 model year as a top-of-the-line model.
- It featured a restyled exterior with a more contemporary design.
- The Montclair continued to offer a range of body styles and engine options.
- This generation marked the last years of the Montclair nameplate, as it was discontinued after the 1968 model year.
The Mercury Montclair is remembered for its blend of luxury and performance, making it a sought-after classic car among enthusiasts and collectors. Its distinctive styling and upscale features set it apart from other full-size cars of its time. Today, well-preserved examples of the Mercury Montclair are appreciated for their vintage charm and significance in automotive history.