- Date Added
- Nearby Cars
Nissan Multi Picture Vehicle Rentals - Nissan Multi Picture Cars For Rent - Rent Nissan Multi Cinema Vehicles
The Nissan Prairie, also known as the Nissan Multi in Canada and the Stanza Wagon in the United States, was a versatile and practical mini MPV (multi-purpose vehicle) or compact MPV produced by Nissan from 1981 to 2004. It was designed to offer flexible seating options and provide convenience for families and individuals seeking a spacious and adaptable vehicle.
Here are some key features and highlights of the Nissan Prairie/Multi/Stanza Wagon:
- Mini MPV Design: The Prairie had a compact MPV design, making it easy to maneuver in urban settings while providing ample interior space for passengers and cargo.
- Sliding Rear Doors: One of the notable features of the Prairie was its sliding rear doors on both sides of the vehicle, allowing for easy access to the interior even in tight parking spaces.
- Flexible Seating: The Prairie's interior was designed with flexibility in mind, featuring configurable seating arrangements to accommodate various passenger and cargo needs.
- Liftgate: The rear of the Prairie had a liftgate, providing easy access to the cargo area for loading and unloading.
- Successor Models: The second generation of the Prairie was marketed as the Nissan Axxess in North America. Later, the larger Nissan Quest, a joint venture with Ford, replaced the Axxess. In Europe, the Nissan Serena partially replaced the Prairie.
- Name Change in Japan: When the third generation of the vehicle was introduced in Japan, it was initially named the Prairie Liberty, and later, the "Prairie" name was dropped, and it continued as the Nissan Liberty.
- Replacement: The Nissan Lafesta replaced the Nissan Liberty/Prairie in 2004, offering updated styling and features.
The Nissan Prairie/Multi/Stanza Wagon played a significant role in Nissan's lineup as a practical and family-friendly vehicle. Its spacious interior, sliding doors, and versatile seating options made it a popular choice among consumers seeking a compact and functional MPV. As Nissan continued to evolve its product offerings, the Prairie was succeeded by other models that continued to provide versatility and convenience for drivers and passengers.